Sunday, January 27, 2008

sitter

Oh the joy.... I have hired a sitter. She start tomorrow. Probably 10 hours a week or so. Initially, when she is with Jonas, we'll all be at home and I will just try to get stuff done (like sorting out the insanely full garage so some day we can park in it). But eventually, I will be able to do things on my own. Joyful things like, see the podiatrist (I need orthopedic inserts) and the dermatologist (I really should get my moles checked) and the dentist (oh joy) and my annual femal exam (overdue) and the chiropracter and regular doc (for my back/sciatica/whatever it is that has been killing me for months). And our new sitter (Lexi) has a younger brother in first grade; though she is in school at Cabrillo. I am so so so looking forward to a little time. And the idea of having someone to hang with the boys while I make dinner sounds divine. I hate having to shove them in front of the tv for an hour, but it's the end of the day, and they are usually overtired and totally wound up and if I leave them to their own devices they can truly destroy the house.

No comments: